Account Director - Corporate Team
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Corporate Account Director to join our growing Birmingham team (within a wider network of nine agencies across the UK), working across a diverse range of clients – both nationally and within the West Midlands region. The Account Director would be responsible for providing operational support to senior directors by managing a portfolio of clients, managing account teams and contributing to business development initiatives to deliver excellent results for the agency network.
Candidates are expected to have the following skills and experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of the media and digital landscape – including sectors and industries relevant to their clients – and the ability to utilise relevant insights to provide well-thought out counsel to clients and internal colleagues alike
- Strategic counsel about the role of communications in an organisation’s business strategy and experience resolving client issues with clarity about desired outcomes– escalating as appropriate and recommending the best course of action
- End-to-end experience delivering projects for clients, including receiving a brief, managing its smooth execution accordingly, through to evaluation to demonstrate the value of PR as part of a wider marketing mix (where relevant)
- Crisis and issues management skills to advise clients on potential courses of action and providing support to senior colleagues
- New business experience attracting leads and assisting in the negotiation process with prospective and existing clients / suppliers, as well as pitching / experience assisting senior directors in delivering new business briefs
- A genuine passion for PR and the ability to instil this in junior colleagues – including being on the front foot of media and industry trends to help identify new business opportunities and ways to organically grow client projects
- Strong financial management, including developing and managing client budgets – supporting the senior team to ensure the balance between client service and profitability and highlighting added value to clients
- Team development through supportive line management and acting as an inspiring leader where relevant – empowering the wider team to success
- A strong on-the-ground understanding of the West Midlands region, ideally with a network of contacts in the area
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.