Located in the heart of Southampton, our team works with clients across the UK. Part of Grayling’s network of regional offices, we deliver media, stakeholder and community relations campaigns for clients across a wide range of sectors. We are looking for a driven individual with a passion for communications to join our fast-paced team.
The Account Executive is responsible for delivering excellent day-to-day client work, playing a key support role within the team.
- Utilises knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients
- Uses the full range of media, creativity and digital tools available and agreed internal processes to devise, review, evaluate and present progress on campaigns and projects, identify gaps and recommend improvements in consultation with the Account Manager
- Builds and manages media and forward feature lists and recommends appropriate opportunities to target
- Conducts effective media sell ins & identifies most advantageous opportunities for client coverage
- Delivers insightful research driven by data and manages key new business assets which underpin proposals
- Communicates accurately and keeps the team and client informed on progress in accordance with agreed processes, ensuring expectations are managed and any issues are escalated in a timely fashion
- Delivers accurate written communications and can write a range of copy (internal/external) including: press releases, quotes, emails, status & contact reports, social media materials
- Builds trusted relationships with journalists and media professionals covering their specialism/client area and develops their external network
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Pro-actively keeps up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and seeks to apply this knowledge in their work
- Manages departmental administration and supports the team, ensuring internal processes are followed
- Understands the importance of and relationship between client service and profitability and works within the boundaries of budgets
Scope of role
A range of account relationships of various sizes in local markets. Some clients may be international.
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Commercially aware
- Confident networker
The employee is expected to exhibit Grayling’s values: Switched-on, Connected, Fearless
Policies and procedures
The employee is expected to uphold, safeguard and promote the organisation's values and philosophies relating particularly to ethics, environment, people and community as referenced in the Grayling company guidelines.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Holly.Broadway@grayling.com.